Job no: 500173
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
About the Role
As Procurement Specialist you will be responsible for delivering sustainable procurement value through strategic sourcing, tactical sourcing and initiatives, commercial negotiations and delivering supplier management activities. This role will work in collaboration with business stakeholders providing procurement expertise and knowledge to enable the business to attain value through supplier relationships, whilst delivering on risk and compliance commitments.
You will also be responsible for embedding the Supplier Management framework across defined spend categories and enhance the overall risk management of suppliers and ensure supply chain compliance to relevant laws, regulations and internal policies.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and managing the end-to-end lifecycle for assigned spend categories, developing value generation strategies and delivering projects and programmes to translate these strategies into bottom line benefits for HCF
- Leading and managing strategic sourcing activities, negotiations, tender evaluation and key initiatives through to contracting and implementation.
- Responsible for the Supplier Management framework rollout across assigned spend categories and the delivery of activities in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Support business stakeholders as a trusted business partner, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and adoption of change both within the Procurement team and across the organisation
- Provide insights to the business on the supply market, spend, performance, opportunities & risks to support informed decision making
- Complete spend analysis, manage contract pipelines and Lifecyle management
- Actively participate in all regulatory compliance activities associated with this role including required training, meetings and information sessions
- Identify, mitigate and report risks associated with potential breaches of regulatory standards including WHS policies, procedures and safe work practices
- Bachelor's degree (Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance or Information Technology)
- 1-2 years' experience in Procurement roles required with a good knowledge of procurement practices in driving value with suppliers
- Strong business, commercial and financial acumen
- A strong understanding of customer experience and customer centricity principles
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders, working across organisational structures with a confident, collaborative, results oriented approach
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use commercial and quantitative data
- Experience in developing and writing business cases
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now