Head of Actuarial – Health
Job no: 500185
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
About the role
As Head of Actuarial – Health you will be responsible for undertaking the regulatory functions and detailed analysis of HCF’s Health business products, members and financial performance. This role is critical to supporting the successful delivery of the Product Roadmap (Health) and works closely with the Product. As a member of the HCF Leadership team you will provide input into the development of the HCF Group strategy and be accountable for leading a team of Actuarial Analysts.
You will identify trends, opportunities and develop potential strategies to enhance HCF’s PHI Business as well as provide advice and reports to Senior Management in respect to changes in the external environment and their impact.
The role involves using actuarial, statistical, economic and analytical principles to ensure the successful implementation and evaluation of HCF’s Group business strategy.
- Provide in-depth analysis and research on actuarial and business issues relating to the operation of the Health Fund and the PHI
- Make recommendations to management on issues affecting the operation of the Health Fund business
- Preparation of Statutory reports related to the Health Fund
- Provide monthly / quarterly reports relating to the performance of HCF’s PHI business
- Provide input into the development of HCF group strategy
- Identify opportunities for enhancements to the health insurance business and build business cases where appropriate
- Ensure the upkeep of various forecasting models
- Support the Appointed Actuary of the health fund as required in the fulfilment of his/her functions
- Perform work in a manner that complies with relevant regulatory standards including Work Health & Safety (WHS) legislation
- Actively participate in all regulatory compliance activities associated with this role including required training, meetings and information sessions
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Actuarial qualifications preferred (FIAA or equivalent), consideration may be given to candidates nearing completion of their actuarial qualification with relevant experience.
- Working knowledge, experience or genuine interest in the Australian private health insurance industry
- Expertise in the use of judgement and a combination of mathematical, statistical, demographic, economic, financial, analytical and modelling skills
- Extensive knowledge or willingness to learn Australian Health System, The Private Health Insurance Industry, its laws and regulations.
- Leadership and management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now