Head of Enterprise Risk Analysis
Job no: 500333
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer you will be responsible for leading the Enterprise Risk Analysis function at HCF. In this role you will develop, maintain and operate an Enterprise level strategic and operational risk analysis capability within HCF.
You will work closely with other teams in the Chief Risk Office to provide a cohesive and collaborative risk and compliance team to ensure effective and efficient risk and compliance oversight of HCF.
- Develop, document and implement methodologies, analysis tools and processes necessary to generate enterprise level risk assessments that include both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Prepare high quality & timely analysis of key risk data for business units and senior management;
- Preparation of relevant risk reporting to Executive Committees (EARCC), Board Committees and Boards;
- Undertake Strategic and Tactical Risk Assessments as directed;
- Develop an integrated, ’single view of risk’ report sourced from multiple Business Units and Divisions marrying quantitative and qualitative reporting;
- Undertake Risk Scenario Analysis sourced from early warning indicators such as strategic assumption monitoring, Key Risk Indicators, Environmental Scans and Strategic Risk Assessments
- Investigate options for the effective use of quantitative risk modelling within the Chief Risk Office;
- Develop a common risk quantification methodology (in conjunction with Actuarial).
- Work with the Head of Risk Services to maintain the appropriate risk appetite framework for HCF.
- Undertake any additional work as directed by the Chief Risk Officer
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, risk, compliance, law or related business discipline
- Experience working in APRA/ASIC regulated industry
- Proven ability to work as a team member, with a strong stakeholder consultation and management focus
- Sound ability to analyse, isolate & interpret business needs and risks, and develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to understand, research and critically analyse a wide variety of issues
- Ability to make the seemingly complex – simple and practical
- Excellent and effective interpersonal, written and communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to set priorities and to ensure that objectives are met
- Sound judgment applied to decision making
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now