Public Relations Manager
Job no: 500342
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
About the Role
As the Public Relations Manager, you will coordinate and manage external communications strategies and activities for HCF. With a primary focus on media and PR opportunities, you will work with multiple internal clients to develop and implement sound external communications strategies and programs.
As part of a small team, you will work closely with the Head of Corporate Affairs as well as our internal content management team to ensure an aligned voice and message. You will lead media relations activities and be skilled in developing stories for promotion.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement key public relations initiatives to support HCF’s organizational objectives and 2025 Strategy.
- Develop key metrics to monitor and gauge PR projects.
- Work with external agencies as appropriate to manage effective media and PR activities.
- Be the HCF point of contact for media enquiries and manage the media email in-box.
- Prepare media releases and liaise with key industry journalists.
- Manage and undertake the research, writing and editing of content for a variety of external communications mediums.
- 5+ years of experience in a corporate communications role.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing or related field required.
- Background in insurance or health sector, and journalism or agency.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively across departments and divisions.
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now