Editorial Content Specialist
Job no: 500466
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Parental Leave Contract
Location: Sydney CBD
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Content Marketing Manager, the Editorial Content Specialist is to research, develop, write and manage a range of content to deliver on HCF’s content strategy. With a content-first, channel-agnostic approach responsibilities include producing our member magazine, e-newsletter, annual review, brochures and writing a range of communications (across online and offline formats) that aligns with HCF’s brand, content and business strategy.
Please note; this is a parental leave contract.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, implement, manage and monitor a range of communications for various areas of HCF business operations e.g. Health Insurance, Life, Overseas Visitors, Travel, Pet Insurance and others as required.
- Take ownership of the production of hero brand communications such as Health Agenda magazine and monthly e-newsletter, working with the Marketing Coordinator to manage all timelines, content, approvals, design, printing and distribution.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and produce a range of content and communications that fulfil specific business unit objectives.
- Ensure all HCF written communications are in line with tone of voice and brand style guide and champion the brand through language.
- Regularly review cross-channel communications materials and generate new ideas to ensure content supports business objectives and make recommendations accordingly.
- Collaborate with other content owners to integrate content creation and management activities.
- Liaise and manage selected external supplier relationships such as agencies and third parties.
- Understand SEO practices, run content assessments and optimise content accordingly
- Maintain a sound understanding of issues, trends and directions in health content and medical services.
- Drive continual improvement of content activity through regular performance reporting and embedment of insights and learnings
- Work with the Brand and Advertising teams across the season marketing plan, including above the line, below the line, digital and on ground marketing promotions to find opportunities to integrate marketing efforts.
- Write and develop proposals, reports and presentations for internal stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 or more years’ experience in communications or publications development for a medium to large size business.
- Tertiary qualifications in copywriting/editing/journalism/communications /marketing or related field/s.
- Excellent writer and proven experience producing variety of content consistent with brand writing style and aligning to customer needs and objectives.
- Experience producing content in a regulated environment with complex risk and approvals processes.
- Editorial mindset with experience in creating and deliver content across various formats and channels.
- Solid sub-editing, fact-checking skills and unrelenting attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of analytics, measurement and reporting.
- Understanding of SEO practices and experience in SEO optimisation.
- Genuine interest and experience in the field of health or health insurance and knowledge and experience in digital analytics, with an understanding of key content marketing metrics and how to analyse them to improve on content marketing initiatives (highly desirable)
- Experience developing customer journey content and working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (highly desirable)
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – how to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now