Job no: 500485
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
6 month fixed term contract
Flexible working environment
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partnering, the HR Advisor provides advice and consultancy services to Employees and Leaders on employment, HR Policies, remuneration, performance management, recruitment and WHS matters including coaching on workplace relations matters e.g. performance and absence management, recruitment, grievances and formal investigations and workers compensation. The HR Advisor will also be required to provide, revise and update written material such as HCF Group HR policies and procedures.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Support employees and Leaders in the interpretation and adherence to the Enterprise Agreement and/or appropriate industrial agreements.
- Ensure compliance with FWA and NES, Acts & Awards.
- Ensure effective management of Workers Compensation process (i.e. claims management costs and returning injured workers to work).
- Provide advice, coaching, feedback and support to People Leaders to effectively manage the performance and development needs of the workforce. This may include providing advice in relation to performance management and/or paired with appropriate performance and development plans.
- Support the employee experience from onboarding to exit with completing Exit Interview Surveys.
- Support, educate and assist employees and People Leaders to navigate People and Culture related systems to support the digital employee experience.
- Assist with maintaining Preceda (HRIS). Produce reports as required.
- Participate in the implementation of HR Systems and processes.
- Monitor line management recruitment processes with respect to entry level and professional recruitment.
- Ensure compliance with HCF Group Policy and procedures.
- Ensure Position Descriptions are current and comprehensive.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or a related discipline desirable
- Min 2 Years HR Experience
- Proven experience in consulting and advisory skills
- Strong internal customer service mind-set underpinning and supporting a member centric culture
- Proven experience in understanding and knowledge of current industrial frameworks, employment legislation and relevant Acts and Awards
- Proven ability to interpret and apply Enterprise Agreements and/or other industrial agreements, providing advice to management and employees.
- Proven track record in working in a HR environment where customer needs were identified, and appropriate and timely advice and support given.
- Proven experience in providing support to managers through all stage of the employee lifecycle.
- Sound project management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage
Benefits & Culture
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
In addition to the salary offered, HCF have a number of employee benefits including:
- Generous discounts on health insurance and other insurances
- Family and friends day
- Study leave
- Parental leave scheme
- Developmental opportunities
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- Positive diverse inclusive culture
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
To submit your application, apply via the link today!
Back to search resultsApply Now