Job no: 500486
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time, Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
6-month fixed term contract
Flexible working environment
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partnering, the HR Consultant is responsible for supporting and working across the employee lifecycle/moments that matter to deliver simplification and standardisation and to partner with Leaders and Employees on advice, policy and procedures including providing coaching on workplace relations matters e.g. performance and absence management, grievances and formal investigations.
The role will be responsible for working across all streams relating to Performance and Reward, Workplace Relations/Compliance/Employee Policies and Procedures, Payroll, Reporting and Analytics, Systems/Digital to support in driving an exceptional employee experience in line with the 2025 strategic objective.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Partner with People Leaders in the management of workplace relations e.g. performance and absence management, grievance and formal investigations to ensure actions and recommendations are in line with all industrial frameworks and internal requirements in resolving matters.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across People & Culture and wider HCF to build business acumen and be an advocate for People & Culture.
- Ensure compliance with FWA and NES.
- Play a lead role in workplace rehabilitation and WorkCover processes, to assist employees in returning to work, ensuring effective communication with the employee, management and WorkCover. Ensure accurate maintenance of employee rehabilitation files in accordance with legislative standards.
- Ensure effective management of Workers Compensation process ensuring adherence to claims process and procedures in assisting injured workers returning to work.
- Assist in the preparation of HR analytics, data and insights for the purpose of regular reporting. Analyse insights and HR Metrics to coach People Leaders.
- Support with the implementation of performance and reward strategies to attract and retain the best talent for HCF backed with appropriate external benchmarking and talent insights
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in HR or a related discipline desirable
- 3+ Years HR Experience
- Proven experience in consulting and advisory skills
- Strong internal customer service mind-set underpinning and supporting a member centric culture
- Proven experience in understanding and knowledge of current industrial frameworks, employment legislation and relevant Acts and Awards
- Proven ability to interpret and apply Enterprise Agreements and/or other industrial agreements, providing advice to management and employees.
- Proven track record in working in a HR environment where customer needs were identified, and appropriate and timely advice and support given.
- Proven experience in providing support to managers through all stage of the employee lifecycle.
- Strong problem-solving skills, to successfully identify problems, develop solutions and implement these using a logical and systematic approach.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills
- Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound analytical and judgement skills
- Sound project management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
Benefits & Culture
We believe in developing our people to assist in driving continuous improvement within the organisation. At the same time we are dedicated to creating a working culture where staff members can flourish. We work hard to ensure that all our positions are challenging and rewarding, where you can utilise and further develop your skills to truly make a difference.
In addition to the salary offered, HCF have a number of employee benefits including:
- Generous discounts on health insurance and other insurances
- Family and friends day
- Study leave
- Parental leave scheme
- Developmental opportunities
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- Positive diverse inclusive culture
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
To submit your application, apply via the link today!
Back to search resultsApply Now