Senior Analyst Programmer - Heroku & Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Job no: 500977
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
We want to be true health partners to our members, easily guiding the healthcare choices that are right for them. At HCF, our values are the way we do things and create the necessary culture to help us realise our purpose and deliver our 2025 Strategy. Living our values in action we step forward, walk in their shoes, stay human, make it better and get there together.
About the role
This role exists to perform all aspects of programming for assigned projects in order to develop, enhance or maintain software applications for HCF
- Conducts analysis to determine system requirements and system impacts for new or enhanced applications in order to plan and provide estimates for development tasks
- Determines development approach options and recommends the most effective approach
- Engages with business users, business/technical analysts, solution architects and others to understand needs and requirements for project and maintenance development tasks
- Designs and codes quality programs of all levels of complexity in alignment with business requirements and solution architecture for project and maintenance activities
- Conducts unit testing, support during system testing and implementation activities for difficult and complex programs
- Provides emergency technical support and resolution of production problems and other maintenance activities to ensure that applications are performing well and as designed to ensure high system availability, strong data integrity and accurate/timely reporting
- Provides input to the programming practices and standard to ensure these are up-to-date and of a high-quality standard
- Challenges existing processes and practices to continuously drive efficiencies and technology delivery performance
- Mentors and develops analyst programmers to support achievement of key performance indicators, ensuring further development of technical knowledge and service delivery standards
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field gained through 8 or more years of experience in a similar development environment
- Significant knowledge of object-oriented programming, applying SOLID principals and design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies including agile
- Proven track record in integration and development of distributed software applications including cloud-based applications
- Highly skilled in analysis, problem solving, troubleshooting, debugging and performance tuning
Essential to have :
- Strong Node JS knowledge; know how to build up RESTful endpoint with Express framework
- Strong SQL skill, familiar with at least one DB product, better to be PostgreSQL
- Has knowledge of microservices; familiar with at least one message queue product, better to be RabbitMQ
- Familiar with Redis
- Heroku platform experience - know how to configure dyno - upgrade / downgrade / attach resources; know how to deploy and monitor app status / logs
- Knowledge with Heroku Connect - know how to setup mapping / bi-way writing / troubleshooting skills
- Strong Git knowledge together with CI/CD experience
Nice to Have:
- SFMC experience, especially know AMPScript / SSJS / GTL for communication via API
- Heroku platform setup - domain, SSL, user access, creating pipelines
- Familiar with Heroku CLI / LogDNA operation
- Familiar with Docker / Kubernates (bonus points)
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply.
Back to search resultsApply Now