Customer Service Officer- Parramatta
Job no: 501007
Work type: Full time
At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
We want to be true health partners to our members, easily guiding the healthcare choices that are right for them. At HCF, our values are the way we do things and create the necessary culture to help us realise our purpose and deliver our 2025 Strategy. Living our values in action we step forward, walk in their shoes, stay human, make it better and get there together.
About the Role
This role will see you working to achieve sales targets across our range of health and other insurance products. You will also advise our members of their policy benefits and any changes that may occur to ensure our members are communicated to effectively. Providing advice, sales, excellent customer service and assistance to our members.
This a Full-Time position based in Parramatta Branch.
Successful candidate will be required to work a rotating Saturday roster.
- Perform needs-based selling to customers face to face for HCF health insurance policies with exposure to selling Life and Travel policies
- Achieve and exceed sales and service targets
- Perform telephone and email sales including business development activities
- Provide first contact resolution in all customer interactions
- Maintain accurate membership information in accordance with HCF policy and procedure
- Demonstrated experience or an aspirational drive to sell to members and provide a great customer experience
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Competent in using CRM computer systems or the ability to quickly learn complex computer systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to adapt positively to frequently changing work practices and needs
- Have the ability to work six weeks fulltime to participate in comprehensive training
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet and travel insurance
- Additional Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now