At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
We want to be true health partners to our members, easily guiding the healthcare choices that are right for them. At HCF, our values are the way we do things and create the necessary culture to help us realise our purpose and deliver our 2025 Strategy. Living our values in action we step forward, walk in their shoes, stay human, make it better and get there together.
About the role
Reporting to the Program Director, the purpose of this role is to perform all aspects of business analysis and scrum master for assigned projects. In order to develop, enhance, and maintain software applications within the IT Delivery Centre of Excellence, providing the following outcomes to achieve the HCF Strategic plans for 2025 and beyond.
Please note that this position is a fixed term full time contract for 12 months. Applicants must have Australian working rights. The role with be based within Sydney.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limed to:
Work across multiple project teams for the successful delivery of programs of work to meet company objectives by
- Conducting analysis to provide the business requirements and determine system impacts for new or enhanced applications so that delivery teams can plan and provide estimates for development tasks
- Assisting the delivery team to determine the best development approach options and to recommend the most effective approach
- Engaging with business users, business/technical analysts, solution architects and others to understand needs and requirements for project and maintenance development tasks
- Assisting test teams to conduct unit testing in alignment to the requirements, and business teams in conducting acceptance testing.
- Providing support during production verification testing and implementation activities for all levels of complexity programs
- Providing emergency support and resolution of production problems to ensure that applications are performing well and as designed to ensure high system availability, strong data integrity and accurate/timely reporting
- Providing scrum master planning and direction to the team in its sprint delivery methodologies.
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Ability to demonstrate and display HCF Values: Step Forward, Stay Human, Walk in their Shoes, Make it Better and Get There Together.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science and/or related field gained through 5 or more years of experience in a similar development environment
- Significant knowledge of business analysis methods, applying solid principals and analysis patterns
- Excellent knowledge of system development lifecycle methodologies and working knowledge in Agile delivery, practices and SCRUM methodology
- Highly skilled in analysis, problem solving, and troubleshooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
Good to have:
- Previous experience within the insurance industry
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment