At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
HCF is embarking on a 3-year transformation journey designed to fast track our 2025 strategic objectives. The Accelerated Transformation Program is responsible for delivering initiatives spanning business and technology teams leveraging agile practices to deliver exceptional member, employee and partner experiences and outcomes.
About the role
HCF is embarking on a large transformation program of work. Our design team is looking for a senior UX designer to redesign our native app. We already have conducted an in-depth concept study, and we need to produce the UX from scratch.
The profile has a very strong focus on native apps and is knowledgeable about the specifics of the latest Apple and Google guidelines and interaction design for phone applications. This role must also have strong experience in UX activities such as requirements gathering, journey mapping, interaction design, usability testing, prototyping, and translating them into artifacts ready for hand-over to the UI design and dev teams. You will bring the stakeholders on a journey, collaborating closely with BAs, UI designers, content, developers and more.
It’s a very exciting and prominent project for HCF, and a great case study for mature designers as well.
Please note this position is a max term position up to 24 months.
- Working under a Design Lead, following direction related to processes, tools, deadlines, and design reviews.
- Working with other UX and UI designers with a collaborative mindset.
- Taking feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Define the app’s UX by conducting workshops, researching, conceiving solutions, flow charts, sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for native user experiences optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Reusing existing components from our new design system and defining new ones where necessary, documenting them, and collaborating with the UI team for handovers.
- Make strategic design decisions related to core and new functions.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions tailored to our members.
- Take a user-centred design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs on a regular cadence.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to extract requirements, devise cross-functional solutions, and handing them over to them.
- Conducting usability/content/tree testing with HCF members.
- Stakeholder walkthroughs and presentations.
- Post-implementation reviews.
Skills and Experience:
- Expert in designing for native apps rather than responsive design for web.
- Working within an Agile framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or comparable work experience
- Four or more years of UX design experience for native apps.
- Expertise in Figma.
- Knowledge of Design Systems.
- Ability to work with stakeholders and final users to gather detailed requirements and design complete experiences meeting them.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centred design and testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently.
- Clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders and team.
- A strong understanding of user-centred design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation, specifically for native apps.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Experience in the insurance or financial industries.
- Articulate and exceptionally skilled communicator.
- Effective in building workplace moral and motivate your peers.
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment