At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
HCF is embarking on a 3-year transformation journey designed to fast track our 2025 strategic objectives. The Accelerated Transformation Program is responsible for delivering initiatives spanning business and technology teams leveraging agile practices to deliver exceptional member, employee and partner experiences and outcomes.
About the role
HCF is looking for an exceptional end-to end Lead to guide and help a small team of UX designers and UI designers in redesigning both a native, customer-facing app, and its web-based companion Online Member Services portal. Both are self-servicing platforms accessed by our existing HCF members to make claims, review their cover, and more.
Strong experience in UX activities such as requirements gathering, journey mapping, interaction design, usability testing, prototyping, and translating them into artifacts ready for hand-over is required. UI design knowledge is required as well for the team to output development-ready deliverables and documentation, while maintaining, getting approval for, and socialising new components created within HCF Design System.
Please note this position is a max term position up to 24 months.
- Managing a team of UX and UI designers, maintaining a positive culture and constructive mindset, educating them where needed, daily meetings with the team to gauge progress, regularly conducting design reviews, providing them with guidance, having regular one on ones with them to help them and prevent issues.
- Ensure that the team translates concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Help defining the app’s UX and UI through your—and your team’s—workshops, user research, flow charts, sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes for native and web user experiences optimised for a wide range of devices and interaction models.
- Ensuring that our new Design System’s existing components are used, defining new ones where necessary, documenting them, and collaborating with Brand for reviews, and socialising them with Development for handing them over.
- Make strategic design decisions related to core and new functions.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to extract requirements, devise cross-functional solutions, and handing them over.
- Leading and conducting usability, content, tree testing with HCF members.
- Ensuring post-implementation reviews for both UX and UI are carried out.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience leading a small design team end-to-end.
- Expert in designing for native apps—expert knowledge of iOS and Android guidelines—and designing for web—responsive layouts, browsers’ capabilities, different interaction models, accessibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or comparable work experience.
- Seven or more years of experience.
- Expert in Figma.
- Experience managing Design Systems.
- Extensive experience in using UX and UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design for both native apps and web.
- Expert knowledge of user-centred design and testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility.
- Knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment