AI & Data Automation Engineer
Job no: 503199
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
HCF is embarking on a transformation journey designed to fast track our 2025 strategic objectives. Project Evolve is responsible for delivering initiatives spanning business and technology teams leveraging agile practices to deliver exceptional member, employee and partner experiences and outcomes.
About the role
- Interpret data from disparate of sources, analyze results using statistical techniques.
- To design and develop scalable solutions using AI tools, machine learning models and generative AI models
- Automate engineering solutions to create products to be used across the business.
- Establish and maintain collaboration with research and business teams to converge on the best solutions.
- Develop Machine Learning models to gain insights and provide information around trends and patterns.
- Building data pipelines for machine learning to production.
- Ability to analyze forecast results, pinpoint the weakness of existing models and experiment with ideas of improving it
- Coordinate the project with stakeholders – requirements, solution designing, implementation
- Develop new analytics and visualization prototypes with business.
- Improve quality of data models, data flows and data processing of data systems, reporting, analytics and integration solutions.
- Performs research and testing to develop machine learning algorithms and predictive models.
- Utilize big data storage computation and storage tools to create prototype and datasets.
- Performs model training and assessment to support business goals
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- 7 years + of commercial experience in a Data Engineering / ETL or Data Warehouse Development roles.
- 3 + year experience in Artificial Intelligence, Generative AI / Machine Learning is must.
- Proficiency with multiple AI tools such as Python and machine learning frameworks.
- Experience in DataRobot and Generative AI/ Prompt Engineering is preferable.
- Strong working knowledge in a cloud-based environment such as AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Data Vault, ETL/ELT and data warehousing concepts.
- Experience in Data Integration Tools such as Talend.
- Advanced SQL knowledge, including fluency with PL/SQL procedures.
- Experience with Cloud data platform such as Snowflake.
- Good understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Management concepts.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and strong business acumen.
- Experience in collaborating with a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in Insurance Domain would be added advantage.
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
At HCF, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and collaborative work environment that upholds our core values. We look for the human in each other and use that to guide what we do and how we do it. HCF takes pride in our diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture and we celebrate the richness of perspectives brought by individuals with different backgrounds and experiences, including age, ethnicity, cultural or spiritual background, gender identity, disability, education, and socio-economic status.
All suitably qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment. If you require any adjustments to assist you in making your application or throughout the selection or onboarding process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to assist you.
Back to search resultsApply Now