Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
- 50% discount on HCF Hospital and Extras Insurance from day one! Plus, discounts on other HCF products, such as pet and travel insurance
- 18 weeks Parental Leave from your first day
- Learning and development programs
- Mental Health Programs and Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
About the Role
As an experienced Receptionist, you will work closely with the clinicians by managing appointments and booking enquiries and handling incoming phone calls. With high quality clinical care and ability to build rapport with patients and colleagues, you will contribute to the culture of the Dental Centre as an HCF brand advocate.
- Providing courteous, prompt and correct responses to all enquiries received
- handling bookings and managing appointments
- Raising accounts and receipt payments
- Complying with HCF Dental Quality Management System and HCF policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe clinical environment.
- Supporting the Practice Manager and Dentist's in actively fostering teamwork and efficient running of the dental centre.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Proven experience in a customer-facing receptionist role
- Previous experience working in a dental centre is highly regarded.
- Experience in maintaining appointment booking and account systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of computerised dental systems is highly regarded (Dental4Windows or Oasis)
- Strong communication skills to build rapport with patients.
- Good time management and high attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills and teamwork mentality
- Experience with many different types of insurance and their coverage plans.
At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
We want to be true health partners to our members, easily guiding the healthcare choices that are right for them. At HCF, our values are the way we do things and create the necessary culture to help us realise our purpose and deliver our 2025 Strategy. Living our values in action we step forward, walk in their shoes, stay human, make it better and get there together.
Come and join our HCF team!
A career with us
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
At HCF, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and collaborative work environment that upholds our core values. We look for the human in each other and use that to guide what we do and how we do it. HCF takes pride in our diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture, and we celebrate the richness of perspectives brought by individuals with different backgrounds and experiences, including age, ethnicity, cultural or spiritual background, gender identity, disability, education, and socio-economic status.
All suitably qualified applicants will receive fair and equitable consideration for employment. If you require any adjustments to assist you in making your application or throughout the selection or onboarding process, please reach out to email@example.com and we will make every effort to assist you.