Trainee Optical Dispenser
Job no: 501004
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney CBD
- Work in a supportive and upbeat team
- Full training and development provided
- TAFE/OTEN course fees covered
HCF is Australia's largest not for profit private health insurer. Our vision is to make health care understandable, affordable, high quality and customer centric.
About the Role
Based at our Sydney CBD Eyecare Centre, working closely with Optometrists and experienced Dispensers, you will assist patients with the selection of their frames, interpret optical prescriptions and provide excellent customer service. This role is ideal if you are passionate about eyewear fashion and enjoy working with people in a busy environment.
Please note this position will also require you to travel and work from our other Eyecare Centres from time to time.
- Interpret optical prescriptions
- Provide fashion and practical advice to assist customers in selecting frames
- Patient care management
- Assisting on reception when required
- Keeping patient records up to date
- Study at TAFE part-time whilst training
- Proven experience within a customer facing role
- Must be able to work at our Chatswood centre
- Excellent communication skills and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Completed HSC and interested in studying the Optical Dispenser course at TAFE
- Demonstrated passion for fashion and optometry
- Brings a positive attitude and pro-active approach to work
We believe that by giving our people an inclusive, supportive and healthy working environment, we can do our best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50 % discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Generous Parental Leave Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please apply Online
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.
Back to search resultsApply Now