Insights & Visualisation Engineer
Job no: 501588
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
At HCF, our purpose is to bring our human touch to healthcare. Since 1932 we’ve been putting our members and their health first. As Australia’s largest not-for-profit health fund, we cover over 1.7 million members with health, life, travel and pet insurance and our vision is to make healthcare understandable, affordable, high quality and member centric.
HCF is embarking on a 3-year transformation journey designed to fast track our 2025 strategic objectives. The Accelerated Transformation Program is responsible for delivering initiatives spanning business and technology teams leveraging agile practices to deliver exceptional member, employee and partner experiences and outcomes.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager of Insights & Visualisation, this role exists to build and deliver insights using visualisation and querying tools and to enable outcomes that lead to better decision making and promote self-service and data literacy
There are multiple vacancies of this role which will be fixed term full time positions with 12-24-month
- Building and providing insights across business areas
- Develop subject matter expertise in the business area you work with
- Engaging with business users to consult and recommend best possible way to answer their business data questions.
- Providing rapid answers to business questions using a mix of queries and visualisations
- Supporting Ad hoc data requests from across business areas
- Integrate digital data such as website traffic and page views with warehouse to develop actionable insights to drive business decisions
- Building Customer segmentation analytics and campaign performance reporting
- Setting up monitoring and alerting mechanisms to identify data issues and exceptions
- Designing and building reporting data models that support user self-serve reporting
- Extracting and profiling data to understand structure, completeness and quality
- Validating through technical and business reconciliation that the data is correct and correctly understood
- Analysing, modelling, interpreting and enhancing sophisticated datasets for the wider business
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Degree-level qualification, in a quantitative or numerate discipline such as computer science, Information Technology, math, stats, economics, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in BI, business analytics or data science
- Experience in Tableau is a must
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, Data Warehouse principles, ETL processes and Visualisation best practices
- Experience with working with large and complex data sets from diverse sources, structures and formats
- Experience working on CDP platforms such as Adobe Experience, Salesforce CDP, etc.
- Experience in working in Agile environment
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Proven experience providing support for existing reporting and analytics products while developing new ones
Experience in Snowflake, SSIS and Data Vault methodology
- Experience in using web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Experience in Insurance and Retail domain
- Experience with TOGAF methodology
- Experience with Talend studios
Working in the health insurance industry, we know how important it is to prioritise the wellbeing of our own people. We want to provide you with the skills and tools you need to support your wellbeing journey, so that you can be at your best.
We’re all about creating a fantastic people experience, guided by our values, so that we can in turn better deliver for our members. We work with our people to create a work experience that is inclusive, supportive, safe and respectful so we can do the best for our members.
Come and join our HCF team!
- Up to 50% discount on health cover, pet & travel insurance
- Family & Friends day
- Organisational wide Recognition & Rewards program
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
A career with us – How to Apply
Please check out our website at https://www.hcf.com.au/about-us/careers
HCF is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment
Back to search resultsApply Now